Table of Contents
Color light bulb
- Form factor: A19, E26 fitting (North American version)
- Voltage range: 120 V, 60 Hz
- Connection type: Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11N; 2.4 GHz only)
- Wi-Fi protection: WPA2, WPA, WEP (unsecured Wi-Fis are not supported)
- Protocol: ?
- Brightness: 800 lumen (vendor spec)
- Life: 22.8 years based on 3hr/day (vendor spec)
- Power used: 11 watts at full brightness
- You use the “Kasa Smart” app.
- You create an online TP-Link account.
- Your device is connected to the TP-Link cloud.
- On/Off (boolean)
- Color (RBG value)
- Power usage in watts (integer; read only)
- The device can run entirely local.
- The device can be controlled with self-written scripts. (see projects like plasticrake/tplink-smarthome-api)
- The device does auto-update.
- The device runs unfree software.
- The device must be on the same LAN as the controller.
- The device has no access restriction from other devices on the same LAN.
- The device starts broadcasting a Wi-Fi network to be configured on the first start and after it has been quickly turned off and on three times.
- The “Kasa Smart” app is only available on specific versions of Android and iOS
- The “Kasa Smart” app is unfree software.
- The “Kasa Smart” app is only available through mayor, centralized stores.
- For setup the “Kasa Smart” app is required.
- For firmware updates the “Kasa Smart” app is required.
- For a reset the “Kasa Smart” app is required.
- During setup the “Kasa Smart” app requires location (for no apparent reason).
- During setup the “Kasa Smart” app requires your Wi-Fi passphrase.
- Install the “Kasa Smart” app on your phone.
- Skip the account creation.
- Add a new device of the type Smart Light bulb and LB100.
- Install your smart bulb in the socket.
- It should blink after 5 seconds.
- If it does not, turn it off and on via the light switch three times. It should blink after 5 seconds.
- On your phone, select the Wi-Fi you want it to connect to.
- Warning: This will also add the network to your phone. Your phone will afterwards try to connect to the same SSID with the provided passphrase. If you get stuck, go into the Android settings to forget the Wi-Fi and restart the “Kasa Smart” app. If you got the passphrase right, your light bulb is already connected.
- Name your light bulb in its settings.
Setup in the Mozilla Things gateway
- In the gateway's settings, add the add-on: TP-Link
- Search for new devices.
- The light bulb appears in the list and can be added without a passphrase.
Reset the device
- Turn the device off and on via the light switch three times.
- In the “Kasa Smart” app, add a new device of the type Smart Light bulb and LB100.
- The setup asks, if you want to reset the device.
- Click “Reset”
- Exit setup process by leaving the app.
web_of_things/tp-link_lb130.txt · Last modified: 2019/04/30 09:01 by Christian Paul